Groovy waves, far-out florals, dreamscapes and sorbet palettes. Good Vibrations is a celebration of the 1960s and 70s patterns that surrounded Elizabeth as a child, captured her imagination and forged her connection to pattern. This collection is fused with heart, soul and an optimistic spirit and with it, she sends Good Vibrations out into the world and hopes they multiply.
Ethereal Jungle is a collection inspired by Utopian ideals. It takes place in a land untouched by modern ways, where nature is honoured, and women peacefully rule. Where turquoise waters recede into white sands, and the wild untamed jungle beyond warmly beckons you. Dense in its green, moist in your lungs, it’s a freshness new to your soul.
In places far far away, time moves slow. We are in touch with the land. We watch the sun set. We look to nature for guidance. We spend our days working with our hands, weaving, and putting love into the things we craft. Inspired by Elizabeth’s travels and eternal wanderlust, this collection is a window to Faraway Places.
Six of our most popular prints reintroduced as a sophisticated collection of laminates. This collection features prints by beloved artists Eloise Renouf, Elizabeth Olwen, Leah Duncan, and Sarah Watson.
A subtle matte PU coating on these prints makes for the perfect fabric for accessories, bags, and outerwear.
Field day invites you to step inside nature’s wonderland and to experience a carefree day in the life of nature’s sweetest creatures – where frolicking, exploring, and chasing butterflies are the order of the day. A day where the sun rises, the sun sets – and in between is nothing but sweet freedom.
This collection is perfect for apparel for kids and adult alike! Both the flannel and knits make the coziest pajamas and robes, or just a casual tank top or tee shirt.
Underwater is inspired by a love of the ocean and the world that exists under its surface.
This is a tightly balanced range of cool pink, blue and citron – with a nice patternly mix of what we’ve come to love from Elizabeth. They mix well with a number of our Cirrus Solids and We Are All Stars, too!
Underwater is sure to be a spring and summer favorite and as winter hails upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, working on a project with this pretty bunch will get you readied for the warmer days.
Sweetly paired with Underwater by Elizabeth Olwen, these little drawstring bags are really handy for holding smaller things, gift bags or even as a little purse for the littles. Here’s how to make your own.
Print out the PDF pattern pieces here.
Tail – cut 2 (solid)
Body – cut 2 (print)
Head – cut 2 (solid)
Batting for tail – cut 1
Lining – cut 2 (contrast solid)
2 buttons for eyes
2 18” drawstrings (1yd total)
Use 1/4” seam allowance unless otherwise noted.
- Sew tail to body, and body to head to make two full outer sides of the bag. Press all seams towards tail.
- Sew button to head in area located in diagram.
- Topstitch along the lower edge of the body/head seam.
- With right sides together and laying the tail/batting on top of tail and sew along outer edge, sides and tail, keeping the “mouth” of fish open. Snip corners of tail and curves, turn inside out and press.
- Topstitch at the tail/body seam. through all thicknesses (sealing off the tail).
- For tail details, stitch along the lines, or create your own stitched design.
- At mouth, turn edge 1/2” inside and press.
- Sew sides and bottom, except for the area between the 2 marked points. Press seams open.
- Turn right side out in order to topstitch around the holes as shown – this keeps the seam allowance tacked down. Then turn it back to wrong side out.
- Fold on the line noted on pattern toward wrong (currently the outside) side and press.
- Slip the lining into the outer shell. Line up the opening of the holes on the sides so they meet the folded edge of the outer head. The “lips” should be exposed about 1/2”
- Pin around and ease any excess of the outer body to the lining.
- Topstitch at the top edge of the outer body.
- Take one of the drawstrings and enter/exit for the right and tie a knot. Take the other and enter/exit from the left and knot. Pull both drawstrings to close.
Grey Abbey was our first collaboration with Elizabeth Olwen who has gone on to produce some our most beautiful and popular fabrics. The Ribbon Box quilt is also our most downloaded Make It Sew project. Furthermore, we get more requests for this quilt kit than for any other we’ve developed (and it’s worth noting that we do not even sell kits). So, it made sense that we bundle up some kits while we can.
But hurry, this is a limited edition kit (38 to be exact!) and once they’re gone, they’re gone – sadly, a number of these fabrics are no longer in stock.
To order, follow this link. The cost is $74.95 + shipping. International orders welcome. The kit includes a hardcopy of the pattern, the prints for the topper and the binding, but it does not include the white and backing.
It’s a great time to sew for spring – here’s two different but equally inspiring collections to get your creative juices flowing.