Have you heard about Cloud9 Fabrics’ new Cirrus Solids: a range of chambray weight cross-weave yarn-dyed solids? They’re amazing! And they’re coming this September. And we’d love to see what you might have planned for them. So, we’re CALLING ALL QUILTERS! for a Cirrus Solids Block of the Month (BOM) Challenge! Each month we’ll feature a Cirrus Solids BOM and if we choose yours you will win a fat quarter bundle of all 21 solids (a $68 value). To enter:
- Create a 12 1/2″ block design using no less than 4, but no more than 6 Cirrus Solids.
- Use our web images, color pencils, a quilting program or construction paper! Whatever method works best for you to articulate your ideas to us.
- Create 2 color versions of your block design: we’d like to see your block in virtual action, so give us a couple of ideas using different colors. Don’t be shy about being creative with the naming, too. For example you can call it:
- light and dark
- day and night
- neutral and colorful
- spring and fall
- Send your illustration/diagram and type-written sewing instructions to email@example.com – subject: BOM Challenge Submission
- Be sure to use the accurate names of each Cirrus Solid color and label them concisely and clearly.
- Block design must be comprised of only Cirrus Solids.
- Submissions can be sent in any format that works best for you (.pdf, .jpg, .eps, .doc), but please make the email attachments less than 1MB each.
- Winners will be chosen month by month – by the 5th of each month prior to posting (for instance: the BOM for November 1st will be chosen no later than October 5th).
- Winning blocks will be posted on the 1st of the month.
- Winners will be chosen on a variety of aspects including overall appeal, creativity, uniqueness and instructional accuracy.
- The chosen block designs will be stitched up by our quilter and presented in a graphically styled downloadable PDF on our blog by our graphic designer.
- The submissions will be cumulative – no need to submit twice – we will take all block designs submitted into consideration month to month.
- Each winner will be given design credit for the block and instructions and we will link to your blog or website (if applicable)
- Please include all your contact details and be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so we can reach you.
- Each winner will receive a FQB of all 21 solids as we notify them.
- Challenge is open to anyone in the world.
- Fielding questions in the community comments below.
Oh, yum! I love the look of these Cirrus Solids! Is that a 12-1/2″ finished size block or 12″ finished block?
It would be a 12″ FINISHED block when used in a project but the block itself will measure 12-1/2″.
Is there a cut off date for submissions?
We’ll be accepting them throughout the year until next September. (the last submission should probably be received no later than August 2015)
1. Is there anyway you can do to make the cirrus solids fabric available via threadbias.com, so they can be used in the design.
2. Can we use a design that has been shared previously in social media (ie. like facebook or instagram)?
Hi Michelle –
1. We’ll look into it – thanks for the recommendation!
2. Sure – we’re just looking for creative ways to use our colors and would love to share ideas – however, we do expect them to be of your own design though.
Michelle took the words right out of my mouth! That would be awesome and would enable us to create blocks that reflect the beauty of your colours.
We’re going to look into the Threadbias option – thanks for the suggestion!
Pingback: QDAD: Quilt Design a Day (week 13) | Factotum of Arts
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | November 2014 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | December 2014 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | January 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge | Stacey in Stitches
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | February 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids Block of the Month Challenge | Factotum of Arts
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | March 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge « Red Patch Designs
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | April 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | May 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | June 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
Pingback: Cirrus Solids BOM Challenge Winner | July 2015 - Cloud9 Fabrics
I’m wondering if there will be any more blocks released. I haven’t seen any since the July block.