Did you know that the co-owners of Cloud9 Fabrics have a combined 25 year background in the garment industry making loungewear? Yup. It’s in almost in our blood! And so, we’ve been tossing around this idea for a long while now: Let’s create an easy to make, great fitting lounge pant pattern and share it with the world! We believe nearly every print or base cloth we produce would make a most excellent pair of loungewear. Our soft fabrics are made of organic cotton and our designers are so very talented, it’s a natural fit!
We are so excited about this project. Our Cloud9 Loungers are a lot like scrubs – simple waist, straight legged, and easy fitting. We’ve sized these for women S-XL. Ours is a 2 piece pattern. There’s no pockets, but there’s a lot of comfort! These go together in a flash. Once you’ve downloaded our free Cloud9 Loungers pattern, printed, taped and traced your size, it’s about an hour’s project from start to finish for most able sewists. *We do recommend making a muslin first – and don’t forget to wash, dry and press your fabric before cutting, too.
- Use a drawstring or elastic
- Easy to adjust inseam by hemming up or adding an inch or two to the pattern
- Low rise for a more feminine cut that slings around your high hip
- While meant to be loose and roomy, we find it flatters different types of figures
- We’ve made them in just about all our lounge-suitable substrates and they’ve worked beautifully every time
- And best is, it’s free!
So, give our pattern a try! Tell us what you think.
Thanks to Jennifer Wiese of Workroom Social for helping with the drafting and scaling.
Download the Cloud9 Loungers here!